Sepratech is a company in the industrial water and wastewater treatment markets. We service, sell, and rent process equipment: clarifiers, filters, ion exchange and membrane systems, and other make-up water, wastewater, and de-watering processes. The company also sells system components and consumables directly to our customers. We offer filter medias, resins, membranes, nozzles and internal piping arrays. These system components and consumable sales are also sold to our clientele as well as our core service business.
Active Employee Positions AVAILABLE:
I&E Electrical Technician
Join a team and develop automation solutions for industries in Southeast Texas. To develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles. Support existing operating industrial water systems and new installations. Office based position with travel to field locations.
- I&E Technician will need the skills and knowledge required to install, troubleshoot, and maintain plant/field instrumentation and equipment.
- Communicate technical issues to facilities and Operations management.
- Interface with variable frequency drives and low voltage power distribution systems
- Create and maintain bills of materials, assembly drawings and test procedures
- Aid in the Creation and review of AutoCAD Electrical drawings
- Assist in programmable logic controller (PLC) programming (ST, FBD, LD) and developing human machine interface (HMI) visualizations
- Field installation and commissioning of controls hardware and software
- Will include but not limited to transmitters, valves, switches, sensors, pumps, motors, VFDs, switchgear, lighting, transformers, etc.
- Extremely “hands-on” position requiring field work and the ability to support the field on an after-hours, on-call basis.
- Basic understanding of instrumentation, controls, control systems, safety systems, and electrical equipment.
- Read and decipher electrical and control drawings.
- Able to get online with PLC and use as a troubleshooting tool.
- Understand the principals of flow, level, temperature, and pressure measurement.
- Install controls and low voltage electrical equipment, including wiring and pneumatic tubing.
- Configure, calibrate, and maintain field instrumentation.
- Minimum of 2 years oil/gas industry experience.
- Familiarity with P&ID’s, Logic Diagrams, Cause / effect matrix and Functional Narrative’s.
- Experience installing and maintaining electrical control systems.
- Good computer skills to include the Microsoft Office suite of products, as well as applicable industry programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic understanding of machine controls which include induction motor control using AC Drives, MCCs, hydraulic/pneumatics and valve controls
- Basic Programming and logic troubleshooting skills
- Basic Understanding of IP networking
- Control systems Startup assistance
- Basic understanding of 0-10VDC and 4-20ma control loops
- Ability to travel and support out of town projects
- Highschool Diploma or GED equivalent
- Technical training courses
- State Electrical Licenses (is preferred)
- PLC programing and HMI experience would be an asset
- Basic experience with 120/240V and 480V electrical system’s
- PLC (Allen-Bradley and/or Automation Direct, plus others) would be an asset
- Basic experience with HMI (Rockwell, Ifix or Wonder Ware) would be an asset
- Control Panel fabrication
- Flow, Pressure and water Quality Instrumentation will be preferred
- Electrical: 3 years (Required)
Job Type: Full-time